Biological and Life Informatics University of Tsukuba
A course designed to teach informatic aspects of life. Measurement and modelling, data storage, analysis and representation of biological phenomena are discussed, focusing on genetic information, information processing in living organisms, brain activity and physiological signals. Specifically, bioinformatics methods to treat biological information, systems biology approach to model living organisms, physiological signal processing, auditory system and its modeling, and media art with physiological information are explained. Informatic principles and approaches in modern biology will also be discussed with related biological processes.
(1) Genome and genetic information [Maeshiro]
(2) Similarity of genetic information [Maeshiro]
(3) Gene expression and gene regulatory networks [Maeshiro]
(4) Systems science and modelling of living organisms [Maeshiro]
(5) Brain activity measurement [Maeshiro]
(6) Digital signal processing and physiological signal processing [Terasawa]
(7) Frequency analysis of brain wave signals [Terasawa]
(8) Analysis of evoked potentials [Terasawa]
(9) Electrocardiography [Terasawa]
(10) Electromyography [Terasawa]
Mathematical research ability, Media expertise
Reading assignment and report
Grading considers the assignment woks given based on the course objectives.
- Assignment work : 100%
Students will pass the course based on the following criteria.
- All assignments are submitted before the deadlines
- All assignments are above the minimum criteria
The grade of A+ to C will be based on the average score of the assignments.
Online Course Requirement
Maeshiro Tetsuya,Terasawa Hiroko
Classes are offered in English in even-years and in Japanese in odd-years, respectively; Special subjects for media science; Teacher Training Course
Identical to 01MBB08.
Online(Synchronous) Class format
- (1) - (5) : Online (simultaneous interactive)
- (6) - (10) : On-demand videos (via Microsoft Stream) and hands-on programming assignments
- Content: Assignment woks based on the course objectives
- Submission: manaba
- Due date: will be described in manaba
- Will check the attendance
Site for Inquiry
Please inquire about the courses at the address below.
Contact person: Tetsuya Maeshiro,Hiroko Terasawa
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com
Link to the syllabus provided by the university