- How can I participate in Double Degree Program (DDP)?
- Double Degree Program (DDP) targets students of University of Tsukuba and students of the associated universities of DDP. Please ask your organization for more details, as qualification for completion varies according to the programs.
- How can I participate in Joint Degree Program (JDP)?
- Joint Degree Program (JDP) targets students of University of Tsukuba or students of the associated universities of JDP. Please ask your organization for more details, as qualification for completion varies according to the programs.
- How can I complete courses?
- Courses, information of which is provided on this service, basically target students of University of Tsukuba and students of partner universities. Please ask your organization more details, as qualification of participation varies according to the courses or the universities.
- Is there any charge for completion of courses?
- It depends on destination and period of stay abroad. As there may be a case that you can apply for a subsidy to support study abroad, we do recommend to ask whoever is in charge of subsidies of your organization.
- How much does it cost in participating in Double Degree Program (DDP) / Joint Degree Program (JDP) and studying abroad?
- Basically, students of University of Tsukuba or students of the associated universities will not receive additional charges.
However, there may be a case that students have to bear actual expenses of practice, etc.
- In case that student studies abroad through Double Degree Program (DDP) / Joint Degree Program (JDP), will the timing of graduation be delayed by the period of studying abroad?
- Both DDP and JDP are programs where the student can get the degree during the same term of study without remaining in the same class for another year.
- How can I know which are the available courses for myself?
- As for the courses open to the public at present, students of University of Tsukuba or students from overseas at University of Tsukuba can take the courses in principle.
- What is the difference between Double Degree Program (DDP) and Joint Degree Program (JDP)?
- In the Double Degree Program, plural degrees are given by plural universities. Meanwhile, in the Joint Degree Program, a single degree is given by plural universities as a joint degree. The setting of the curriculum differs, but the main difference exists in whether the degree to be given is plural or single.
- How can I know which information of courses and programs are to be added in the future?
- We are developing partnerships with various universities and research organizations, domestic and overseas. We are going to make new courses and new programs open to the public or release the information on this site.
- How can I get information of subsidies to support the expense of study abroad?
- At University of Tsukuba, there are subsidies for study abroad such as "Habatake! Tsuku-dai-sei". Please ask staff in charge for students at the Support Office.
You can confirm list of subsidies through the following:
Page of information concerning study abroad for Japanese students
Page of information concerning foreign students from overseas
- To what extent is language ability required for study abroad?
- An ability to understand lectures in English is to some extent required. In case of study abroad at a university in the USA, the required average score of TOEFL is more than 61 in TOEFL iBT (500 in TOEFL PBT), and in case at postgraduate in USA, that is more than 79-80 in TOEFL iBT (550 in TOEFL PBT). But, it depends on universities and the fields of study.
- Explain more about Course Jukebox.
- Course Jukebox is a system managed and operated by University of Tsukuba.
In future, with other universities having concluded the CiC agreement with University of Tsukuba, credits of courses registered on this system will be treated as credits of one's own university without authorization procedures.
If you want to know more, please inquire using the inquiry form.
- I found a mistake in the published information of a course / program.
- Please let us know the details using the inquiry form. After checking it, we will take any necessary measures.
- Explain more about Campus-in-Campus Plan.
- Campus-in-Campus Plan is one of the plans that University of Tsukuba targets in the Business of Super Global University Plan. If you want to know more, please refer to the site of the Business of Super Global University Plan.
- I want to get more information about Course Jukebox.
- Please inquire using the inquiry form with details of the required information.