Chemistry II University of Tsukuba
Introduction to general chemistry for life and environmental sciences.
・Chemistry II provides students with an in-depth knowledge of the principles of chemistry. Topics in Chemistry II cover Stoichiometry, Chemical Formulas and Composition, Chemical Equations and Reaction, Balancing Chemical Equations, Gases and the Kinetic-Molecular Theory, Liquids and Solids, Phase diagram, Solutions and Solubility, Chemical Thermodynamics.
1. understand an in-depth knowledge of principles of Chemistry.
2. acquire application ability with knowledge of principles.
is to enable learners how to
2. Apply gas laws and kinetic molecular theory for gases.
3. Explain how phase of a substance changes using phase diagram.
4. Explain chemical reactions and perfume calculations in terms of energy changes via three laws of thermodynamics using thermodynamic functions, energy, enthalpy, entropy, and Free energy changes.
Generic Competences 2. Ability for critical and creative thinking
Subject Specific Competences 2. Refinement representing Foundation Major
A. Final Exam (70%)...Understanding the topics, application ability,
B. Final Report (20%)...Critical Thinking, Problem solving capacity
C. Class Attitude (10%)...Critical Thinking, active involvement
Online Course Requirement
Kang Seung Won
Lecture is conducted in English.
Online(Synchronous) Lecture Attendance will be recorded. As discussed at Week 1.
Site for Inquiry
Please inquire about the courses at the address below.
Contact person: Seung Won Kang
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to the syllabus provided by the university