Human Computer Interaction University of Tsukuba
This course provides lectures on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI). Basics of HCI for realizing natural interaction, and brief overview of design, implementation, and evaluation methodologies for building interactive systems are explained. Technological elements for intelligent systems such as user interface (UI), robotics, computer vision and recognition are in the scope. The course also touches on recent research advancement in social computing for supporting and augmenting human communication and information sharing.
(1) Introduction and the basics of HCI: Mikawa
(2) Basics of HCI: Mikawa
(3) Technological elements and trend for interactive systems I (sensors): Mikawa
(4) Technological elements and trend for interactive systems II (I/O devices): Mikawa
(5) Technological elements and trend for interactive systems III (software): Mikawa
(6) Design and implementation methodologies for interactive systems: Inoue
(7) Evaluation methodologies for interactive systems: Inoue
(8) Application demains of HCI: Inoue
(9) Interdisciplinary fields of HCI: Inoue
(10) User-centered interactive systems, Course summary: Inoue
Mathematical research ability, Media expertise, System expertise
Assignments will be given based on course objectives and graded by the following policy.
Reports (including written exercises) (to be assigned multiple times during the term) 100%
50% will be from the first half of the lecture and another 50% from the second half, which makes the maximum score of 100 points. 60 points or more is required to pass.
Grades of A+ to C will also be based on the score.
Online Course Requirement
Inoue Tomoo,Mikawa Masahiko
Classes are offered in English in even-years and in Japanese in odd-years, respectively; Special subjects for Information Interaction; Teacher Training Course
Identical to 01MBB11 and 01MBC16.
Online(Asynchronous) On-demand classes will be offered depending on the situation.
Site for Inquiry
Please inquire about the courses at the address below.
Contact person: Tomoo Inoue,Masahiko Mikawa
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com
Link to the syllabus provided by the university