iDesigner : Tackling Complexity by Integration Université Grenoble Alpes
Designing modern products and systems in an innovative, sustainable and
competitive way demands the implementation of new paradigms in
development organisations. Design is no longer concentrated on a
specific phase. It goes beyond aesthetics to cover all functional
aspects of a product or a system, thus driving the entire development
process. Consequently, more and more actors of the complete product
life-cycle have to be integrated in the design process. This creates new
challenges for design engineers, as well as for development project
managers. This course adresses all these challenges looking at examples
from the design of automotive mechatronic systems.
The definition and motivation of integration in design:
• the targets of integration, including the product life-cycle,
• essential methods of integration, including concurrent engineering and product modelling,
• mastering complexity and innovation,
• knowledge management for integration,
• collaborative integrated design
selected aspects of integration in design, including sustainable
design, risk assessment, safety design, virtual development tools and
Basic knowledge on the product design process.
Online Course Requirement
Course content can evolve at any time before the start of the course. It is strongly recommended to discuss with the course contact about the detailed program.
Please consider the following deadlines for inbound mobility to Grenoble:
- April 1st, 2020 for Full Year (September to June) and Fall Semester (September to January) intake ;
- September 1st, 2020 for Spring Semester intake (February – June).
Site for Inquiry
Please inquire about the courses at the address below.
Contact person: email@example.com