Information Access University of Tsukuba
Information access technologies to large amount of data is the key in big data era and becomes significant more and more. We will lecture information access technologies in information retrieval, data management and integration, and natural language processing fields with new trends. We will introduce front line topics such as collective intelligence and co-creation intelligence in WWW, crowdsourcing, and information integration in social media. The students will solidify understanding in state of the art technologies, social application, and future direction in this research field.
(1) Information Access Overview (Seki, Sato)
(2) Social Information Access (Seki)
(3) Information Management and Integration in Crowdsourcing (Morishima)
(4) Crowdsourcing Design Components (1) (Morishima)
(5) Crowdsourcing Design Components (2) (Morishima)
(6) Crowdsourcing Design Strategies (1) (Morishima)
(7) Crowdsourcing Design Strategies (2) (Morishima)
(8) Collective Intelligence and Co-creation Intelligence (Seki)
(9) Information Access with Natural Language Processing (Seki)
(10) Information Access Evaluation (Seki)
Mathematical research ability, System expertise, Resource expertise
To acquire the credits, the students should submit all the reports and be scored more than 60 points out of 100 points in total.
Assignments will be given based on course objectives and graded by the following policies.
The evaluation items of the assignments will be format, originality, usefulness and understand levels of the class lectures.
The total score will be the average of the scores of all items.
We will assign four reports, and evaluate each report equally with 25 (=100/4) full points.
Online Course Requirement
Satoh Tetsuji,Seki Yohei,Morishima Atsuyuki
Classes are offered in English in even-years and in Japanese in odd-years, respectively; Special subjects for Media Science, In even-numbered years, classes will be offered in English; Teacher Training Course; Interdisciplinary Foundation Courses
Identical to 01MBB02 and 01MBC01.
Hybrid or Others
1st-2nd Online Asynchronous, 3rd-7th Synchronous, 8th-10th Online Asynchronous - The first, second, eighth, ninth, and tenth lectures will be given with on-demand style.
- The third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh lectures will be given with real-time style with "Teams" or "Zoom".
- We will use ""manaba" services for on-demand style lectures and "Teams", "Zoom" or "MS Stream" for real-time style lectures. Details will be explained in"manaba."
Site for Inquiry
Please inquire about the courses at the address below.
Contact person: Tetsuji Satoh,Yohei Seki,Atsuyuki Morishima
Email address: email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to the syllabus provided by the university