Literature Survey University of Tsukuba
There has been a growing importance of efficiently and broadly finding and understanding relevant literature in a domain that is not your core area, due to an increase of interdisciplinary nature in research topics. Therefore, in this course, students will acquire literature survey skills in some of the areas in Informatics, and will learn major information sources and typical structure of academic articles, and finally, identify conferences and journals where students could aim to submit their work.
(1) Information sources and literature search in System Science and Bioinformatics (Maeshiro)
(2) Reading literature in System Science and Bioinformatics (Maeshiro)
(3) Information sources and literature search in Archival Studies (Baryshev)
(4) Reading literature in Archival Studies (Baryshev)
(5) Information sources and literature search in Semantic Web and Internet Technologies (Sakaguchi)
(6) Reading literature in Semantic Web and Internet Technologies (Sakaguchi)
(7) Information sources and literature search in Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence (Matsubara)
(8) Reading literature in Cognitive Science and Artificial Intelligence (Matsubara)
(9) Information sources and literature search in Human Learning and Information Technology (Kim)
(10) Reading literature in Human Learning and Information Technology (Kim)
Knowledge utilization, Internationality, Media expertise, System expertise, Resource expertise
Grading considers the assignment woks given in each domain based on the course objectives.
- Assignment work : 100%, where each domain's assignment work constitutes 20%
Students will pass the course based on the following criteria.
- Assignments of all five domains are submitted before the deadlines
- Assignments of all five domains are above the minimum criteria
The grade of A+ to C will be based on the average score of the assignments of five domains.
Online Course Requirement
Maeshiro Tetsuya,Sakaguchi Tetsuo,Baryshev Eduard,Matsubara Masaki,Kim SunKyoung
In every year, classes are offered in English; Methodological Foundation Courses
Identical to 01MBD52.
Lecture is conducted in English.
Hybrid or Others
1st-6th Online Asynchronous, 7th-10th, Online Synchronous How to distribute lecture materials
- Depends on each domain, will be described in manaba
- Content: Assignment woks given by each domain based on the course objectives
- Amount: Once or twice per domain
- Submission: Specified by each domain
- Due date: Specified by each domain
- Online (simultaneous interactive and on-demand)
- Some domains use Teams
- On-Demand Classes: 1st - 6th
- Simultaneous Interactive Classes: 7th - 10th
- Will check the attendance in simultaneous interactive classes
Site for Inquiry
Please inquire about the courses at the address below.
Contact person: Tetsuya Maeshiro,Tetsuo Sakaguchi,Eduard Baryshev,Masaki Matsubara,SunKyoung Kim
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,masaki at slis.tsukuba.ac.jp,email@example.com
Link to the syllabus provided by the university