Mechanics II University of Tsukuba
Following “Mechanics I”, “Mechanics II ” will just concentrate on the basics of mechanics. Emphasis will be given to topics that will be useful in other disciplines, such as systems of particles, kinematics and plane motion of rigid bodies and principles about analytical vector mechanics.
Following “Mechanics I”, “Mechanics II ” will just concentrate on the basics of mechanics.
Emphasis will be given to topics that will be useful in other disciplines, such as
- systems of particles
- kinematics and plane motion of rigid bodies
- principles about analytical vector mechanics.
After taking the course, the students will understand these fundamental theories and will be able to solve the associated important problems.
Related to 2. Understanding ability of physical phenomena.
Breakdown of the grades:
1. Homework & Exercises for each lesson 30 %
For all the Weeks 1-10, in the end of each Week we offer solving problems on your own between the sample problems and the problems to be assigned.
2. Mid-term report 30 %
In the end of W4, we offer a mid-term report for the W1-W4 lessons.
3. Final report 40%
In the end of W8 and W10, we offer a final report for the W5-W8 and W9&W10 lessons.
Lectures and Class Exercises
Online Course Requirement
Lecture is conducted in English.
Hybrid or Others
face-to-face and Online(Asynchronous) 1. The homework and exercises are essential in learning mechanics.
- You are encouraged to solve given problems on your own at first and write the solutions directly on your A4-size report papers by hand, and to discuss the problems with other students (for instance, by using chat function on ZOOM during each class).
- After completing to solve problems on your own, you take those photos by your smartphone and send them to a manaba’s report box due on the date to be assigned.
2. A midterm report and a final report will be submitted to a manaba’s report box due on the date to be assigned in a similar way.
- You can use your calculator and refer course materials & textbook during solving problems.
Site for Inquiry
Please inquire about the courses at the address below.
Contact person: Gaku Shoji
Email address: gshoji#kz.tsukuba.ac.jp (# by @)
Link to the syllabus provided by the university