Philosophy of Science University of Bordeaux
The course is broken into two parts: first, how disciplines andknowledges were arranged, from medieval universities to the currentsystem? Second, does science evolve gradually or through revolutions?
- Basic english fluency - Computer and internet required for the online course - History of Science course (4TPM116U)
- homework (40% of overall mark) - final exam (3h, 60% of overall mark) - in case of failure, the homework grade is kept and another writtenexam (3h) or an oral examination is scheduled.
- Main classifications of science (medieval and modern, includingBacon, Diderot et d'Alembert, Comte,...). - Introduction to the works of philosophers of science (Duhem,Koyré, Kuhn, Popper, Shapin).
- Lectures (online and in the classroom), homeworks. - 18 contact hours (15h lectures, 3h exam), 45 selfstudy (30h online courses, 15h writing assessment -estimated-)
Online Course Requirement
- Course is available for “Parcours International” and ERASMUSstudents only.Duration: 15 weeksLanguage of instruction: EnglishMode of delivery: 15h in class, about 45h at home (for the online courses, not including homeworks)
Site for Inquiry
Please inquire about the courses at the address below.
Contact person: Jérôme Pierreljerome.firstname.lastname@example.org