Railroad Transportation Engineering National Taiwan University
(1) introduction to railroad transportation systems
(2) principles and analysis of railroad transportation efficiency, economics, energy, and engineering
(3) introduction to railroad infrastructure
(4) introduction to locomotive and rolling stock design, function, and operation
(5) introduction to railway traffic control and signaling
(6) introduction to railroad operations
(7) field trip: railroad track, equipment, and operations
Rail transportation requires infrastructure, vehicles, motive power and energy to move goods and people. Each of these factors interacts to affect the efficiency, energy requirements and economics of railroad operation. This course covers the principles of railroad transportation efficiency, economics, energy, and engineering. Topics include introduction to railroad infrastructure, rolling stocks, signal systems, and operations. The course is designed to establish the basic understanding and skills for conducting railway research and industrial projects.
*Restrict to 3rd-year and above.
Online Course Requirement
Department of Civil Engineering, Graduate Institute of Civil Engineering, Transporation Engineering Division
Site for Inquiry
Please inquire about the courses at the address below.
Email address: http://www.ce.ntu.edu.tw/ce_eng/