Real Time kernels Université Grenoble Alpes
1. Introduction to time constraints and basic definitions.
2. Architecture and functioning of a real time kernel (tasks, interrupts,...)
3. Mutual exclusion: mutex, semaphores, priority inversion (priority inheritance protocols, ceiling priority protocol)
4. Task synchronisation and communication in a real time kernel.
5. Introduction to real time scheduling.
6. Memory management within a real time executive.
7. UML for designing real-time applications
This course is an introduction to Real Time kernels. At the end of this course, the students will be able to:
understand the main tools of a RT kernel and use them efficiently,
design a real time application using to the best the capabilities of a RT kernel.
- Operating System basics
- Linux system programming (processes, signals, pipes, IPC)
- C programming language
- Computer architecture basics (interrupt handling, timer, ...)
E1 : first session exam mark
TP : lab mark
E2 : second session exam mark
Online Course Requirement
Course content can evolve at any time before the start of the course. It is strongly recommended to discuss with the course contact about the detailed program.
Please consider the following deadlines for inbound mobility to Grenoble:
- April 1st, 2020 for Full Year (September to June) and Fall Semester (September to January) intake ;
- September 1st, 2020 for Spring Semester intake (February – June).
Site for Inquiry
Please inquire about the courses at the address below.
Contact person: email@example.com