Seismic Analysis and Design of Structures National Taiwan University
Taiwan located in the conjunction of Eurasian and Philippine Sea plate. The hazards imposed by earthquakes are unique in many respects in this country. Planning to mitigate earthquake hazard requires a unique engineering approaches. It is this fact that has led to earthquake hazard reduction only by the design and construction of earthquake resistant structures. This course will teach the basic concept of seismic hazard, the influence of earthquake performance of structures and provide the principal and basic concept of earthquake resistant design.
1. Understand earthquake phenomenon,
2. Seismic hazard analysis,
3. Earthquake response of SDof system,
4. Earthquake response of MDof system.
5. ealstic response of structure under earthquake excitation,
6. Soil amplification under earthquake excitation,
7. Basic seismic design concept,
Online Course Requirement
Graduate Institute of Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering Division
Site for Inquiry
Please inquire about the courses at the address below.
Email address: http://www.ce.ntu.edu.tw/ce_eng/