Special Topics in Photomedia University of Tsukuba
Exploring contemporary issues in photomedia, we will examine the characteristics, significance and possibilities of using cameras for research.
(1) The class will be delivered online
(2) Types of online lessons: Simultaneous using MS Teams.
(3) Method of distributing lecture materials: MS Teams.
(4) Content will be given weekly. Deadlines are weekly. Final assignment will have two weeks.
(5) Attendance is collected by weekly submission.
Each class explores and discusses a significant image in the history and theory of visual culture
Generic competences: Ability to use knowledge, Management ability, Communication ability, International character / Specific competences: Creativity, Comprehension, Problem Solving, Deployment power
Students submit a PDF with all homework tasks (60%) and a photo essay exploring one issue discussed (40%). Evaluation is based on visual communication skill, concept and creativity applied.
Online Course Requirement
英語で授業。This class is in English.
Online(Synchronous) The issues discussed in this class concern society in every country. Students are expected to contribute to discussions using own experiences and help with any communication/language issues in class.
Site for Inquiry
Please inquire about the courses at the address below.
Contact person: Roderick MCLEOD
Email address: email@example.com
Link to the syllabus provided by the university