Survey and Data Analysis University of Tsukuba
This course covers qualitative research, quantitative survey, and data analysis using a computer. With lectures and group work, students are expected to learn how to plan and implement a survey and conduct data analysis. In addition to traditional data analysis methods, newly developed statistical methods will be presented, which will help understand characteristics of data from different view points.
(1) Guidance: Basics of qualitative research, quantitative survey, and data analytics (Wakabayashi)
(2) Qualitative research 1: Design and implementation (Teruyama)
(3) Qualitative research 2: Analysis of qualitative data (Teruyama)
(4) Quantitative survey 1: Making survey forms and collecting data (Yu)
(5) Quantitative survey 2: Analysis of quantitative data (Yu)
(6) Data analysis 1: Introduction to statistical analysis software (Kim)
(7) Data analysis 2: Analysis using open data (Kim)
(8) Content analysis 1: Planning and implementing content analysis (Wakabayashi)
(9) Content analysis 2: Analyzing content data (Wakabayashi)
(10) Summary (Yu)
Knowledge utilization, Management ability,Teamwork ability, Semantic research ability, Mathematical research ability
Assignments will be given based on course objectives and graded by the following policy.
By reports, assigned four times (25% each). Students need to score above 60 on a scale of 0-100 in order to pass the course.
Online Course Requirement
Yu Haitao,Teruyama Junko,Wakabayashi Kei,Kim SunKyoung
In every year, classes are offered in English; Methodological Foundation Courses
Identical to 01MBD51.
Lecture is conducted in English.
Online(Synchronous) Class format
・Use Zoom (Meeting ID and Passcode for students to connect will be available on manaba)
Site for Inquiry
Please inquire about the courses at the address below.
Contact person: Haitao Yu,Junko Teruyama,Kei Wakabayashi,SunKyoung Kim
Email address: email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to the syllabus provided by the university