Technical English 1 University of Tsukuba
Improve reading and writing skills related to technical English.
With globalization, there is a growing need to be able to prepare research and engineering reports, scientific articles, and patent applications in English, and to be able to participate in international conferences. In addition, understanding and writing scientific paper is crucial to disseminate research results with others. This course is designed to help develop skill and gain confidence in these areas.
• 15% Attendance:
– Be in class on time! (In case of online class, join the teams meeting in time) If you are more than 15 minutes late, class credit on that day.
– If you are absent more than 3 times (classes) then you fail the course.
• 25% Participation, Homework, class quizzes.
• 60% Final Exam.
Online Course Requirement
Islam Monirul Muhammad
Contact the instructor to obtain permission before taking the course. 専門基礎科目 必修科目
Lecture is conducted in English.
Major required course. G-course. Online(Synchronous) Students are expected to be in class on time! Late more than 15 minutes will be counted as absent.
- Absent more than 3 times (classes) without prior notification will be considered fail in the course.
– No computers or mobile phones during class except necessary for class purposes.
- Students are expected to bring note book and pencil.
* All exams are closed book.
* Rules and regulations regarding examination as set forth by University of Tsukuba will be strictly observed.
Site for Inquiry
Link to the syllabus provided by the university