Utilization and Recycling of Bio-resources University of Tsukuba
The main purpose of this course is to help the students understand the followings: (1)Basic concepts in bioresource utilization and recycling; (2)Fundamentals of design for waste/wastewater utilization and recycling; and (3)Major technologies used for bioresource utilization and recycling. In addition, case studies, especially those relating to waste/wastewater treatment and biogasification projects are also included.
The following arrangement is tentative. Please come to the first class for this year's detailed schedule.
This course is related to the enhancement of students’ capabilities and skills on internationality, communication, teamwork, comprehension/analysis, project management and presentation.
Environmental chemistry and/or biochemistry
(1) Only those who attended 70% lectures will be evaluated.
(2) Answers to questions and assignments should be submitted before the next lecture (60%)
(3) Quiz (20%)
(4) Presentation (or group report, 20%)
Online Course Requirement
Lei Zhongfang,Zhang Zhen Ya,Utsumi Motoo
Lectures taught in English in person or online.
Identical to 01AD307 and 0AN0403.
Hybrid or Others This course is closely related with the basics, fundamentals, design and application of bioresource technology. The students who have the background of environmental science, chemistry, and biology are welcome, while it’s also possible to understand this course for those students who have no such background mentioned above if they can try their best.
As for the lecture methods,
(1) Hybrid approach or combination of Online Asynchronous and Synchronous lectures will be applied (Microsoft Teams). Lecture materials will be uploaded before the lecture via manaba.
(2) All the materials will be distributed via manaba. Any change in lecture method will be notified in advance via manaba.
(3) Manaba will be used for all the submissions by students and comments by professors (please refer to the the grading phylosophy).
Site for Inquiry
Please inquire about the courses at the address below.
Contact person: Zhongfang Lei
Email address: email@example.com
Link to the syllabus provided by the university